Where in the world do you want to go?
Throughout our four business divisions, United States Aviation operates under one unifying principle, to exceed the expectations of our customers. We provide customized services and products to make your aviation experience Beyond First Class.
Let us help navigate your aircraft management challenges. We can help you reduce the cost of ownership through our unique asset management solutions and ability to provide charter revenue when you or your company is not utilizing your aircraft. Call or email us today today to find a solution perfect for you!
Dear Friends of United Sates Aviation,
Your safety continues to be our most important priority. As we navigate through these unprecedented times, we will do our part to create an environment that is clean, safe, and comfortable for our customers and our staff. United States Aviation remains fully operational at this time for air charter, management and maintenance services. We are following local, state and federal guidelines to serve your needs with as little disruption as possible. We have implemented the following procedures to keep employees and customers safe while continuing air charter and all other operations. To help ensure safety and good health for our employees and customers, United States Aviation will not transport charter passengers who have been exposed, or who have been at elevated risk of being exposed, to COVID-19 in the weeks preceding their flight.
Enhanced Aircraft Sanitization And Cleanliness
- Sanitize common touch points on aircraft prior to every charter flight, including boarding door railings, seat belts and buckles, tables, PCUs (light switches and cabin air toggles), lavatories and flight deck screens and controls
- Isolate catering orders until delivery to aircraft and handle with gloves
- Amplified Trip Evaluations
- Managerial and executive level review of every charter flight to ensure compliance with rapidly-changing situational guidelines
- Add appropriate mitigating measures to our existing, comprehensive trip safety evaluation process
- Communicate and explain necessary updates to clients
- Implement the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including facial coverings and gloves as appropriate
- Instruct employees to stay at home if they feel ill and seek medical attention as appropriate
We thank you for your business and wish you and your families a very happy and healthy holiday season. - Roger Hardesty and the team at United States Aviation